How Do I Get Rid Of Roaches In My Phoenix Home?
December 15, 2022
No one wants to see cockroaches or cockroach eggs in your Phoenix home. The three most common types of cockroaches are brown-banded cockroaches, German cockroaches, and American cockroaches. They are elusive, quick, and excellent at staying out of sight. Most cockroaches living in Arizona gravitate to tight and moist areas with easy access to food. Contact the Phoenix pest control professionals immediately if you're dealing with an infestation.
How Can I Be Sure Its Roaches In My Home?
Roaches are notoriously skilled at hiding. Besides spotting a live roach in your home, they can also leave behind signs of their presence. The following signs are the best indicators of an active roach infestation:
- Smear marks
- Stench or unusual odor
- Eggs or egg casings
- Shedding skins
- Chewed packaging
- Living roaches
Cockroaches are a nocturnal pest, so it's typically at night if you see a live cockroach. However, it can be simple to notice the signs during the day if you keep an eye out. You can typically find them in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens, where you see droppings, foul odors, and other signs of their presence.
Can Cockroaches In My House Make Me Sick?
Cockroaches are known for being dangerous and unhygienic. They can spread harmful bacteria in your home and cause severe allergic reactions. They are often carriers of intestinal diseases, including:
- Typhoid fever
They can also carry harmful bacteria that can spread throughout your kitchen and home. When found in your food, this bacteria can cause:
Thus, keeping your home cockroach free is essential by undergoing proper cockroach extermination.
How Do I Get Rid Of Roaches In My House Fast?
Conventional pesticides are ineffective against these pests, so getting rid of them is no easy task. Many over-the-counter remedies are just not up to the task of eliminating cockroach infestations. They might temporarily reduce the number of cockroaches, but they will rarely be enough to get rid of the entire population and keep them from coming back. To truly get rid of roaches, it's essential to seek the assistance of qualified pest control professionals.
Pests like cockroaches are never a welcome sight in any home. The good news is that Uni-Tech Pest Control has the expertise you need to keep your property entirely pest-free. Using our Pest Management Programs, your home will receive monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly service, protecting your family from pests year-round. We will also offer personalized education about how best to protect against future infestations. Uni-Tech Pest Control provides peace of mind at every stage of treatment. If you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches in your Phoenix home, you should call us at Uni-Tech Pest Control immediately to help you remove cockroaches and keep them from coming back.
How Can I Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations?
Thankfully, spotting one or two cockroaches running about the floor of your home is not necessarily a sign of infestation. However, it will be a loud and clear signal to begin ramping up home prevention efforts to keep pests out. Here are five of the most helpful cockroach prevention tips for Phoenix homeowners:
- Declutter areas of your home where cockroaches could hide and breed. Remove boxes, books, large appliances, and other items that create dust pockets and catch shadows.
- Got water? Mitigate moisture buildup with the use of a mid-grade dehumidifier. If your closets and pantry could use extra help, consider buying a packet of desiccant bags at your local general store.
- Store trash and other garbage items in substantial bins with tight-fitting lids. Use a plastic lining to hold trash, and empty trash regularly. When possible, clean out the interior of your trash can to ensure that food scents are eliminated.
- Keep food items in their proper storage containers. Do not leave food unattended on the counters or dirty dishes in the sink.
- Seal off potential entry points, including window screen gaps, cracks in foundations, and crevices between bricks.
Sign up for a complimentary visit from Uni-Tech Pest Control to identify all potential entry points around the home and keep cockroaches and other pests out.