Pest Control In Surprise, AZ
If you live in Surprise, Arizona, it is no surprise that you have to deal with pests. The weather in our area allows pests to be active all year long. If you hope to prevent pest problems, you need to know what conditions attract pests and the simple methods that can be used to deter pests. Join us as we look at some simple tricks that deter common pests and share how Maricopa County pest control can help you manage pests and prevent pest problems in Surprise.
Residential Pest Control In Surprise
You can get layers of protection around your home by applying general maintenance to deter pests. Here are a few examples:
- When you remove spider webs, you deter spiders from making webs and you have the potential to significantly reduce spider populations. Some webs have egg sacs and some egg sacs can have 300 eggs in them.
- When you rake leaves and remove sticks, you reduce moisture and habitat options that attract pests.
- When you clean trash receptacles with a disinfectant, you remove odors that attract pests from a distance.
- When you use a caulking gun to seal gaps and cracks, you create a physical barrier that helps to keep pests out.
- When you address lawn and landscaping weed problems, you remove two desirable foods that attract pests: nectar and plant sap.
It is a lot of work to address attractants and create a barrier to keep pests out. Our residential pest control technicians help with some pest maintenance tasks and also provide protection in areas where vulnerabilities exist.
- We offer web removal.
- We apply liquid application to your exterior and in key locations such as at the base of trash receptacles. These treatments deter pest activity and keep pests away.
- We can apply exclusions for you and our technicians know what products to use and what locations to focus on.
- We apply granular products to reduce pests. These applications are particularly helpful for yards that have lots of flowery weeds or some other pest food source.
Every yard, exterior, and interior has vulnerabilities. We help you to understand the pest pressures and conducive conditions on your property and provide services that give you the protection you need.
Commercial Pest Control In Surprise
It can be a serious challenge maintaining a commercial environment that is resistant to pests. There are many ways you and your employees can apply pest maintenance to deter pests. All of the examples given above may apply. Here are a few more to consider.
- Many pests are attracted to unsanitary conditions. Everything you do to keep your business clean on the inside and outside will have an impact on potential pest problems.
- Clutter is attractive to many pests. When you work hard to keep piles from forming, your effort will be rewarded.
- When you go in and out, pests can fly right in. You may reduce problems with flies simply by moving trash receptacles or dumpsters away from exterior doors.
We help you and your employees understand the conditions that may inspire pest problems. We also offer many commercial pest control services to help you proactively keep pests out, even when you have vulnerabilities. We apply dusts, liquids, and granular products in key areas to stop pests from getting inside.
The Trick To Keeping Scorpions Away From Your Surprise Property
Scorpions are attracted to moist habitats, shaded hiding places, water sources, and organic clutter. Here are a few specific ways these attractants may be created.
- Dense vegetation in your landscaping will trap moisture and create shaded hiding places.
- Leaves offer a moist habitat underneath.
- Yard clutter offers many shaded hiding places. Scorpions are particularly attracted to rocks, scrap wood, and other organic debris.
- A clogged gutter will increase perimeter saturation and high humidity.
- A leaky air conditioning unit can create dampness on the ground.
Do you see how it works? At Uni-Tech Pest Control, we evaluate the conditions on your property and provide comprehensive services to keep scorpions out. We understand how difficult it is to keep on top of yard maintenance issues that lead to scorpion problems. For this reason, we offer extensive exclusion work that includes sealing of entry points with a variety of products.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My Surprise House?
When considering the natural conditions that attract cockroaches, it becomes quickly apparent that these insects are attracted to unsanitary things and expose themselves to harmful microorganisms. Cockroaches are drawn to dirty trash receptacles, piles of cardboard, compost, dead animals, dog droppings, and more. If you keep things clean, not only will you reduce cockroach activity and work to prevent an infestation, you will remove the unsanitary conditions that can make roaches a danger to your health.
If you're in Surprise, AZ, you're in our service area. Reach out to us here at Uni-Tech Pest Control for industry-leading cockroach control. We know the Arizona pests you're dealing with and we provide effective solutions to help you protect your health and property.
Types Of Pest Birds Common To The Surprise Area
When you think of common pests in the Surprise area, you probably think of snakes, scorpions, spiders, roaches, and other small but annoying pests. What most people don't think of are birds, but birds can be a significant problem in our area. Pest birds can cause a variety of issues, mainly with their droppings. Bird droppings can accelerate the aging of buildings, spread bacteria and fungi, and even trigger slip-and-fall incidents. Birds can also introduce other dangerous pests like fleas and ticks to your property.
While not all birds are considered a nuisance, a few here in Surprise are. These birds include:
- Canada Geese
Having these birds around can be dangerous to your health and safety.
Because birds fly, they can be difficult to remove permanently. That is why you need to work with a professional pest company that specializes in bird control as we do. We can drive away the birds on your property and install effective, environmentally friendly bird control devices like landing spikes to keep these pests from returning.
Why Bees In Your Surprise Yard Can Be A Problem
No one likes being stung by a bee. Coming home with a bee sting may be one of the worst parts about spending time outdoors. When you have these pests in your backyard, the threat of a painful sting becomes even more significant. Aside from a typical sting, one of the big concerns with having bees in your yard is the potential that the species you are dealing with is the Africanized honeybee. These invasive bees are larger than European honeybees and much more aggressive.
If you have stinging insects like bees in your yard, leave them alone and call Uni-Tech Pest Control immediately. Do not attempt to remove the nest or hive on your own. Many species of bees and other stinging insects will react aggressively if they feel threatened, which can result in many painful stings. This is especially true for Africanized honeybees, and it can be hard to tell the difference between species before it is too late.
Instead of putting yourself and your family at risk for painful bee stings, call us for professional bee control. We will safely remove the hives in your yard, allowing you to spend time outside without worrying about painful stings.
Four Practical Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Surprise Home
Rodents aren't the scariest-looking pest. Compared to snakes, spiders, and scorpions, rodents' fuzzy ears and cute whiskers make them look downright adorable. But don't let their looks fool you. Rodents are destructive and dangerous pests to have around your Surprise home.
Rodents are also incredibly resourceful. They will do whatever they can to sneak into your home to find the food, water, or shelter they need to survive. While it can be a challenge, there are steps you can take to prevent rodents. Here are four rodent exclusion tips for your Surprise home:
- Seal cracks and crevices around the foundation of your home using steel wool. Mice only need a hole as big as a dime or as wide as a pencil to sneak inside.
- Use rodent-proof or wire mesh to screen openings around your home, such as laundry vents.
- Remove factors that may attract rodents, like easily accessible food and water.
- Eliminate areas of clutter around your home and yard that can serve as harborage sites for rodents.
If you are dealing with an active rodent infestation, don't try tackling it alone. DIY rodent control methods are largely ineffective and only waste time and money. Instead, contact us today for professional rodent control. We'll get these pests out of your home quickly and help you make the changes necessary to keep them from coming back.
The Most Effective Way To Protect Your Surprise Property From Termites
Despite their small size, termites are one of the scariest pests you can face as a home or business owner in Surprise. These tiny pests cause an estimated five billion dollars in damage annually across the United States, and Surprise is no different.
If you are worried about termites and what they can do to your property, contact us immediately for a termite inspection. We'll identify any signs of an active infestation and conditions that could lead to future termite problems. Based on the results of the inspection, we will treat the interior and exterior of your home using a variety of termite control methods. We will also take the time to educate you on what we are doing and what you can do to prevent future infestations. After our initial treatment is complete and all the termites are removed from your property, we will schedule yearly follow-up visits to protect your home.
Don't let termites take a bite out of your home or wallet. Contact us today for termite control you can count on.